Wednesday, April 30, 2008

You know you're a knitter when...

... you can identify the pattern of your co-worker's handknit sweater.

When I saw my co-worker, I said "Did you make [the sweater]? Is it the Sunrise Jacket?". She looked at me funny and told me her mom made it... from a pattern she found in a magazine. She then said, "I guess you a hardcore knitter then, eh?". I think she might be slightly scared. It doesn't help that I'd seen the pattern 2 weeks ago.

On a different subject, I'm gearing up for Sock Wars III. I just started my swatch tonight. Yes, I'm swatching. Those who know me know I don't swatch and would rather start a project over than to swatch. But this time, there's approximately $1400 worth of yarn riding on this swatch since a wrong gauge will disqualify you. Yes, that's right, $1400 worth of yarn. SWTC is giving the winner $500 in yarn PLUS 60 balls of Tofutsies if they use Tofutsies as their "weapon" of choice. That's a lot of yarn.

Realistically, I don't think I have too much of a chance of winning due to the fact that I work full time. I hope that I can finish at least 1 pair of socks before I'm killed. The fact that my feet are 10.5 might keep me alive longer since my socks will be a couple inches longer than someone with size 5 feet. We shall see...

No comments: